Owned by Berkshire Hathaway Energy, we are part of a global group of companies that deliver sustainable electricity and utility services to customers worldwide. BHE Canada is focused on identifying and investing in business opportunities within all aspects of the energy infrastructure market across Canada, as well as electricity transmission internationally; BHE Canada has a particular focus on renewable energy such as wind and solar. BHE Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. We do everything in our power to attract and keep top-notch professionals. Our employees are the heart of our company, which means we take our culture seriously. We support, respect, and celebrate our diversity. We are poised for growth in building a greener, more sustainable energy future for all Canadians. We invite you to explore our career opportunities.
Berkshire Hathaway Energy (BHE) Canada is a Canadian subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Energy and is focused on identifying and investing in business opportunities within all aspects of the energy infrastructure market across Canada. BHE Canada currently owns and operates a 130 MW wind farm, a 20 MW gas-fired plant and a high voltage transmission line in Alberta. BHE Canada is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta.
Working closely with the Procurement Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and take part in the development and execution of best practice procurement processes. The successful applicant will be responsible for day-to-day purchase order processing and procurement document management, developing and maintaining templates, procedures and process documentation, conducting basic sourcing activities, and drafting basic procurement contracts. This position will work closely with the Finance team and collaborate with various stakeholders to support the achievement of business goals and objectives while promoting and ensuring the utilization of sound procurement practices.
- Purchase Order Processing – prioritize purchase requisitions to meet business requirements and create and issue purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Document Management / Governance – create and maintain procurement procedure and process documentation and work with all stakeholders to ensure compliance with policies, processes, and procedures.
- Sourcing – conduct routine competitive bids including developing competitive bid documents, managing the bid process to ensure fairness and compliance, evaluating bids and making recommendations. Create and maintain sourcing documentation.
- Contracts -- create new contracts for materials and services and maintain and monitor existing contracts to ensure all contracts are reviewed and actioned prior to their expiry date.
- Accounting – Verify and confirm accuracy, classification, and coding of purchase order requests.
- Reporting – Track and calculate procurement Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Management review
- University degree or College diploma in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance or other related discipline;
- Professional certification such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years related experience;
- Understanding of legal documentation terms and conditions;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office suite of products, Adobe Sign; understanding of supply chain and accounting systems preferred;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface with team members and customers to promote positive outcomes;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks at the same time;
- Proven track record of good performance and attendance.
Some positions may require job specific assessments, regular criminal record checks, additional BHE Canada training, medical assessments, annual driver abstracts, drug tests and occasional requirements to work outside standard hours. Please contact the Hiring Manager or Recruiter for further clarification if required.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with BHE Canada, however, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
At BHE Canada we are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please talk with the recruiter.
Please apply online through Indeed.ca.