Rattlesnake Ridge Wind Power Project – wind generation in southern Alberta
The Rattlesnake Ridge Wind Power Project is a 130-megawatt wind farm located in southeast Alberta. It is being privately financed by BHE Canada through a combination of equity and debt and requires no government subsidies or tax incentives to support its operation. BHE Canada has signed power purchase agreements with Canadian corporate partners for the energy output from the project. The project is fully commissioned and supplying energy to Alberta’s grid as of June 2022.
- There are 26 5.0 MW wind turbines that will generate enough energy to power 78,000 homes
- Approximately 150 jobs will be created at peak construction
- March 9, 2022 - BHE Canada signs power purchase agreements with Royal Bank of Canada, Bullfrog Power Inc., and Shopify Inc.
- November 25, 2020 - BHE Canada signs contract with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy to provide wind turbines for Rattlesnake Ridge Wind Power Project
- October 25, 2019 - BHE Canada files application with Alberta Utilities Commission for Rattlesnake Ridge Wind project